A conglomeration of
ever-increasingly
mindless ramblings

Daily Grind - Exercise

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Yesterday we bought a gym membership for our entire family at the County Rec Center. Today I had my first 5:30am workout. It was somewhat Slou's idea for me to workout before work. I have been reluctant to get a membership because I am usually so busy that I can't ever figure out when to work out. I tried doing it at home and even have a bit of equipment. I didn't do too bad last summer. I worked out for 3 weeks. We will see how long I can make this last.

I actually see pretty fast and consistent results when I start to exercise, so motivation is not a factor. It really is about time. I can't exercise between work and students because I don't have time to shower before I teach. By the time I'm done teaching, I am either too tired or it is too late. If I workout too late, I can't sleep. So I have decided to try and go before work.

I hear people say how much more energy they have when they get to work. This morning, it was the strangest feeling. I had energy but at the same time I was tired. I still can't figure that out. Now I just have to work on getting more sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment