A conglomeration of
ever-increasingly
mindless ramblings

Resolution Update / Goals

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Well, I have actually been pretty good on some of my resolutions and not others. I'm not sure if they really are resolutions, or just goals of things I want to accomplish. I usually see a resolution as a lifestyle change. In that way, it could also be a goal. But a goal, in my mind, has a broader definition. It is something I want to accomplish. Such as not drinking pop for a month. That is not really a long term lifestyle change. Which I have been doing very well at. However, I think at 12:01 am on February 1, 2010, I will be sipping (probably guzzling) an ice cold partially frozen coke.

Let's not even talk about the gym. I've been once this year. This is probably more of a resolution. I am trying to set up a life style of frequent exercise. Don't worry. I'm not one of those that gives up after a week or two or three of failure. It just might take a little longer to get into the swing of getting up that early and just going. I love it when I go because I feel so much better.

I was very proud that I finally put together a household budget. Now, I just have to learn how to stick to it. I didn't budget quite enough money for food. We like to eat well. I'll have to make an adjustment for that next month. However, we will definitely be cutting down on the eating out.

My scripture reading has been going very poorly, however, my scripture listening has gone very well. I have only missed one work day and am already to the book of Judges. I am learning why many people avoid the Old Testament. There's a lot of stuff that really is not very important in there, but that is a subject for another post.

I may not be off to a 100% start, but it's better than most years and I am working on the other things. It's just a lot of things to start doing in one month. I think the soda pop thing is going to be an every other month thing with limited use during the other months. I'll cut back, but there is nothing quite as refreshing as a coke.

0 comments:

Post a Comment