A conglomeration of
ever-increasingly
mindless ramblings

Casting out Satan

Saturday, September 6, 2008


Carl Bloch - Gethsemane

This moved me to tears the first time I saw it. I now own a print of it. I don't know that there's much more to say.

Carl Bloch - Casting out Satan

I also own this one, but big. We had it framed and it is the first thing you see when you enter our house. So much power in this painting. Yet it is not worldly power. I love how Satan looks like he is in the midst of a billowing sea. It brings to mind the story of Christ calming the sea. Then Satan is painted to show physical strength or the strength of men. I love how the light shines through Christ's sleeve and you can see that his strength is not the strength of men, yet he commands all. I find myself meditating on this painting often. There is so much to learn from it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment