A conglomeration of
ever-increasingly
mindless ramblings

Missives - Glenn Beck & Mushrooms

Monday, March 30, 2009

Dear Blog Reader-

Yes you, I'm actually writing to you. I was listening to the radio during lunch. The boring talk radio, #1 listened to show in the country. No I don't usually listen to the radio much anymore, occasionally when I'm driving. Most of the time, I just like the peace and quiet so I just sit and think on my daily commute. With a child you need all the peace and quiet you can get.

I was going to go off about my opinions on my favorite news/talk radio hosts, but I'm sitting here watching the TV show about growing mushrooms at home is playing. It's fascinating and I'm getting distracted. My family and I love mushrooms. That would be really cool to start growing some. You can order away for a kit and grown them right in your home. We actually have a mushroom colony in the dirt right outside our door, however, I don't think you can eat that kind.

We decided to grow some strawberries this year, evidently our plants were doing very well this weekend, but that was before the latest snow storm. The plants that we have are supposed to grow the large juicy strawberries. Hopefully they haven't completely frozen, though I don't think it has gotten cold enough to kill them.

Well this has turned out to be a train of thought driven entry with no apparent purpose, except to say that even without a yard, you can grow things for your family to eat. Which strangely enough ties into what I was going to say about my current favorite news/talk, end of the universe radio host Glenn Beck. Who touts the virtues of self-reliance. I was thinking how the pulse of the conservative movement has started to shift from Rush Limbaugh to the more moderate, not exactly one political party host, Glenn Beck. If you haven't heard what he has to say, you should.

Have a great day,

Dave

0 comments:

Post a Comment