A conglomeration of
ever-increasingly
mindless ramblings

Missives - He is Risen!

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Dear Lord-

Today I write a very different letter. For this Easter Sunday we celebrate the triumphal resurrection when all life was freed from the grave and when all willing hearts are saved from Hell. I wish I could remember that day in Heaven when you rose to meet the Father. I want to remember the shout of joy from all of creation the echoed through the ends of the universe. To hear the hymns that were sung and feel the power of all the faithful gathered. A power that our mortal frames could not begin to comprehend or endure. To see the hosts of heaven bow in humble adoration.

One day I will return to that place where I stood and ponder with even more reverence the meaning of that moment. I will reflect back on my life and see what thou hast done for me. Instead of shouting for joy, I will kneel an offer up my gratitude. For by your power alone am I strong.

Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus, Dominus Deus Sabaoth; pleni sunt coeli et terra gloria tua
Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God of Hosts; Heaven and earth are full of Your glory.
Hosanna in excelsis
Hosanna in the highest.

And in a coming day, I will declare with all of creation, that Jesus is the Christ, our Lord and Savior.

Your trying to be faithful servant,

David

0 comments:

Post a Comment