A conglomeration of
ever-increasingly
mindless ramblings

Halloween

Friday, October 30, 2009

This has been the first Halloween that I have really gotten into in a very long time. I used to love Halloween and most of the time went as a mad scientist. Dad would borrow test tubes and lab coats from work. We would fill them up with food colored water and laugh madly. It was great!!

Since I was never a party person, I stopped dressing up after I couldn't trick or treat. Last year I made half an effort with my lab coat and some scrubs. (Yes, I own my very own lab coat that has my name, Dr. Dave, emblazoned in red above the pocket. But that's a whole other story.) Last year Bubs was almost 2 and he discovered candy. He had 3 suckers in his mouth at one time. That ignited my inner demon. So this year I went all out and made my own costume. Well, I made the cloak anyway. Put that together with the awesome black retro tux shirt, fangs, make-up, blood (lots of blood pouring down my mouth) and the red medallion, I became a vampire. Don't worry, I will post pictures of the award-winning costume. Yes, 25 hours of sewing and $100 later, I won the costume contest at work. It was the very first time I won a costume contest. I got a whole $10 gift card to Subway, that along with the admiration of my co-workers.

So you ask, why do I have to wait for pictures? Because every camera I own is currently broken and couldn't be repaired in time for Halloween. But, don't worry, I'm too proud of this costume to not post pictures. So here's a taste of what's to come:


0 comments:

Post a Comment