A conglomeration of
ever-increasingly
mindless ramblings

One Blog to Rule Them All

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

This was my first Blog.  It was supposed to be for just about everything.  Then I got the idea that readers (not that I have any) may not like the widely varying content, from highly religious to political and philisophical musings to the daily grind of life.  So I started several other blogs, each directed at a specific content.  One blog to record religious thoughts, another to highlight the everyday musings of my son.

Then there was the "Missive Blog" where I decided I would write everything in the form of a letter and I had to write one everyday for 30 days.  Someone said that if you do something 30 times in a row, it will become a habit.  They were wrong (at least when it comes to blogging).  I wrote a letter for everyday just to accomplish my goal, and then.........I stopped.  I really should have known this.   My first piano teacher used to tell me the same thing about practicing, but it doesn't work either.  And lets just not even get into scripture reading and prayer.  Truth is, scheduling is not really about habit, but rather about priorities.  When it was my goal, I made it a priority to write everyday, then it didn't matter because I no longer had a goal.  Priorities change.

Strangely enough I put a lot of time into making that [Missive] blog look different.  I was still never really happy with it.  Whereas this one still has the same basic blogger template it started with.  But it works, because it feels right.  So we stay with the "dark dots" despite some need to have something completely original.  The fact of the matter is, you can make a blog look pretty and original, but its the content that really matters.  If someone isn't drawn in by what you write, then what's the point?

I'm not sure my writing will draw people in; and I'm quite sure some of my opinions may even drive people away.  However, that's just who I am.  I have great ideas to "wax platitudinous" (bad esoteric pun completely intended) about and sometimes I just need to vent or share an experience.  Because of this, I think I am going to combine all my blogs into one.  I will probably keep the others active, but make all the posts available here.  So just get ready to have a spiritual thought one day and a political rant the next with a bit of my son's potty training adventures thrown in to keep it interesting.  Because (to bastardize a famous quote):

One blog to rule them all, One blog to find them, One to bring them all and in the "dark dots" bind them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment