A conglomeration of
ever-increasingly
mindless ramblings

Why a psuedonym?

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My reason, because its cool to have a pseudonym. The other reasons, because of Internet security. I'm also giving one to my wife and son. I am tired of referring them as my wife and son. They need names, cool names. So from now one, I dub them.......Punch and Judy......(deafening silence because no one gets the joke).......just kidding then........ I haven't decided yet, I may ask my wife (see there I go again).

I have always been a fan of dreadfully obvious, non-creative names. Sort of like the Irony of Kahn "Connie" Souphanousinphone, Jr. from King of the Hill. With such and interesting last name like Souphanousinphone, her dog was named "Doggy". In that vein, I could call them "Wifey" and "Sonny", but "Sonny" would make me feel old. So y'all will have to wait for the big unveiling in a future post. Yes, I know that you can probably find their names in previous posts, but for the future they will have new ones.

As far as my new pseudonym I've also considered Damian "David" Bacho. Hey, I was 10 or 11 when I thought that up. I used to have a penchant for the name "Damian" but that has gone away. Though I have been really proud of my middle name. I was named for my late Grandpa Crane, Ralph. In 3rd grade, we had 4, count them 4, David's in my class. I wanted to go by Ralph because I have always liked that name. (My favorite book at the time was Ralph S. Mouse.) You would have though the Earth had ended when I told my parents, and soon everyone was back to calling me David. I even had a best friend named David.

Years later, I went to England and discovered that the name Ralph is actually pronounced like the American name "Rafe" in England and is a common name of the Aristocracy. Since most of my ancestry hales from England, I always thought that was cool. However, I'm not going by my middle name. I though about the pet names my wife calls me, but I don't want to sicken my readers. Although, my son has taken to calling me by them at times. Its a little disconcerting to hear a 2 year old yell "Snugglebum" down the stairs.

I guess I could go by my real name. After all, I have always liked it. Three names, all five letters each. It kind of rolls off the tongue and has a certain symmetry that I really like as it plays into my OCD. Though, I have never figured out why no one can figure out how to spell my last name. For some reason they don't ever go for the obvious. I mean, really, how many ways can you spell "Crane". Let's see: Krain, Krane, Kraene, Crain, Craine, Crainer, Craner, Krayn. Yes, I have actually seen them all over the last 31 years. I love the "Oh now don't I feel stupid" look I get from them when I actually have to spell it for them, almost daily. It's not like I have a last name like Souphanousinphone.

Tune back in, the PseudoKraine family will be introduced soon!!!!!


Update: I have decided on our pseudo names......drum roll please.........and the winners are:

Me - DRC

Wife - SLou (Believe it or not, she actually will sign her name like this sometimes.)

Son - Bubs (In trying to find a suitable pseudonym for my dear son, I realized that we haven't come up with a very good nickname but that's actually what we call him.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment