A conglomeration of
ever-increasingly
mindless ramblings

Funny Friday #1 – Determination Part 1 (Un)

Friday, June 15, 2012


So O'henry is a little boy that knows exactly what he wants, always. At 16 months, he just can't always figure out a way to tell you, but that doesn't stop him from trying. Case in point, I was sitting on the couch enjoying a new episode of Stargate Atlantis (yes, I'm a nerd that's behind the times since that was cancelled years ago.) when O'henry comes up and grabs my hand. We actually it was my finger, but he can hold on pretty tight. He yanks me off the couch, which surprises me because he is only 25 lbs and I'm somewhere north of 250 lbs. So maybe it was his will that yanks me off the couch, because he is so insistent. I always try to encourage him when he finds ways of expressing his wants.

Led by the hand (finger actually), I am dragged into the kitchen where he points and grunts at the cupboard. He's thirsty and wants a drink. The conversation goes like this with translations:

Me: You want some milk?

O'henry: Uh (Grunted Yes)

Me: Let go of my finger so I can get a cup out of the cupboard (followed by me trying to wrest my poor pointer finger out of his iron fisted grip because he is so proud that Daddy got off his duff to get him a drink.)

O'henry: Uh (Hurry I'm thirsty)

Me: (Opening the fridge) Is milk okay? (because he has been a little off milk lately, but at 9:30pm it was either that or water and he likes plain water even less. Just like his mother.)

O'henry: Uh (I'm being patient now, but get that milk in the glass before I freak.)

Me: Here's your milk.

O'henry: Tay (thanks)

Me: Okay let Daddy get back to his outdated Sci-Fi TV show. (Don't laugh, I also enjoy Buck Rogers and the old Dr. Who.)

Check back next Friday for part 2 (Deux)

0 comments:

Post a Comment