A conglomeration of
ever-increasingly
mindless ramblings

Funny Friday #2 – Determination Part 2 (Deux)

Friday, June 22, 2012

Click here for Part Un



Five minutes after getting the milk and after I had rewound (does that even apply anymore to electronic streaming media) my TV show so I could see what I missed, my finger is again assaulted.

Me: I just got you milk, what do you want now?

O'henry: Uh (come on, followed by very insistent pulling)

Me: Okay, what do you want?

Now I'm getting pulled up the stairs, so I pick him up to speed up this process. At the top of the stairs there's a choice. Right, means he wants to cuddle in Mom and Dad's bed which is only half-heartedly discouraged only because he likes to take up the whole be should we all fall asleep without taking him to his room. Or he could go left to his bed. And the choice is........Left......wow this is a surprise. You always want to go right, but tonight it's left. Wait, you want to go to bed? You're telling me it's time to put you in bed? What child ever wants to go to bed? Is it because we sent your brother to bed already and you are bored? I should just stop asking myself questions and accept this mighty miracle. Wait, this means you want me to lay with you because that's the only way we can get you to stay in your bed. But I left the TV show going.

Me: BigBubs, will you go down and pause my TV show?

BigBubs: No, I'm already in bed asleep.

Me: You're not asleep yet and this means you get to stay up later (if only for 60 seconds)

BigBubs: No, I'm tired.

Me: Please, Please, Please, Please (yes I know I sound like a five year old at this point.)

BigBubs: Fine if you make sure O'henry goes to sleep so he won't climb in my bed (which really has never happened. O'henry just toddles across the hall and climbs in bed with us.)

Me: That's the plan

BigBubs heads down and pauses the TV and comes up for another hug and kiss before bed. O'henry has now climbed into bed and is patting the spot beside him. I've been trying to wean him off the whole 'hold me to make me go to sleep' thing. Instead I have been slowly migrating away by sitting at the end of his bed and meditating. I did that the night before and he fell asleep cradled in my lap so you can see how successful this has been.

O'henry: Uh (get up here)

Me: Okay, I'll lay by you but on top of the blankets

O'henry: Na Na (Night, Night) La Loo (Love You), Uh (okay if you must but I still won't like it.)

BigBubs: Are you going to stay with him until he falls asleep I don't want him to crawl into my bed.

Me: If you would be quiet he would go to sleep.

O'henry: Uh (I'm going to crawl up and look through the blinds at the big noisy truck one of the single girls that lives next door was being brought home in by her short, over-compensating date. But they were back by ten since it was a school night even though they are both twenty somethings. It must not have been a very good date. She didn't have a smile on her face and opened her own door before he could make the trek around that massive truck. But he did walk her to the door.)

Me: O'henry get back under the blanket.

O'henry: Na Na (I just like it when you think it's cute how I say night night.)

BigBubs: Is that how he says good night?

Me: Yes, you know this already, so please be quiet and he will go to sleep.

BigBubs: Are you staying until he's asleep?

Me: Yes! Good Night, I Love You! (In my head, "Please be quiet now.)

BigBubs: Are you going to leave the doors open, I get scared when you leave the doors closed.

Me: Yes, now shhhhhhh.

BigBubs: Some mumbled unintelligible question. (Well actually it was only unintelligible because I was laying on my good ear and couldn't hear much out of my bad ear.)

Me: Good night son.

The saga has not ended yet, stay tuned for part trois (No I have any idea why I'm using French numbers for these posts.)

Image credit - Fotofly

0 comments:

Post a Comment