A conglomeration of
ever-increasingly
mindless ramblings

Thoughtful Thursdays #2 - Free For All

Thursday, June 21, 2012

For the first time in forever, I am drawing a blank for our Thoughtful Thursday post. I know, this is a major thing for someone that has thoughts about absolutely everything. I can usually wax platitudinous about whatever subject comes my way, hence the name of my blog. But, I have found it impossible to nail down one particular topic to induce thought and discussion. I have many ideas, but none of them want to be easily fleshed out into a long post. So today I am going to list several thoughts that I had. I may at some future time expand on one or the other of these, but right now I want you to think. After all it is Thoughtful Thursday and what better way to help my few readers then by giving them a starting point for pondering. If you feel so inclined, please submit a guest post on one of these topics.

  • Find a hobby that helps you feel successful. We usually measure success by seeing ourselves improve. Taking up a hobby can be a great way to release stress and find distraction from the daily grind.
  • Our reactions to different situations in our lives are very often learned responses. We can make progress in the most common areas of our lives, but when we are placed in those infrequent situations we can revert to behaviors we thought we had overcome.
  • Overcoming stress and anxiety can be so difficult because it is often the stress and anxiety that holds our lives together. We we release it, we have to find new and healthy ways to run our lives.

All worthy topics to provoke thought. So share your thoughts on the subject.

0 comments:

Post a Comment