A conglomeration of
ever-increasingly
mindless ramblings

Missives - Lonely Soul

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dear Lonely Soul-

I see you often. I worry about you more. I can see your troublesome thoughts, worries and pain in your eyes. There is also a yearning for friendship, but more than that a want for someone who understands. Funny thing is, you have people around you everyday that you laugh with and work with, but they don't seem to feel the void. You won't let them in.

Is it a sense of pride that you need to make it on your own, or are you have you experienced so much hurt that you can't risk letting anyone else in? That I can't see in written on your face. Then I ask myself, why do I even care? Why should I put myself out there and risk being hurt myself?

It's because, I've been there. In some ways, I still am. Things happen in life that hurt us and we want to close off, but we can't. We need each other to survive. It gives us a purpose. In all the hurt and pain, we need to know that someone else understands. That's why I search. That's why I listen, so I can find a purpose for my own suffering. That by my pain, I can lift another and make their world a little brighter.

Your Friend,

Dave

0 comments:

Post a Comment