A conglomeration of
ever-increasingly
mindless ramblings

Missives - Selfless

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dear Son-

Some days I wonder how you ended up with such a giving personality. You give love, hugs, kisses, share your food and many other things. You're really one of the most selfless 2 year olds I know. You want to make everyone happy. It's such a joy to me that you are learning this young how to think of others and that this quality is such an integral part of who you are.

We spend way too much time thinking of ourselves in life. We worry about how we will pay the bills and get enough sleep. Even at church we worry if we are good enough. It always seems to be about what we need rather than what someone else needs.

You have taught me more than anyone, that joy comes from helping others. Having to take care of your every need since you were born has helped me develop a deep love for you and brings fulfillment to my life. That is why I get sad sometimes when I see you getting so big and doing things for yourself. I will miss taking care of you (even the dirty diapers). Though, watching you grow brings me joy as well, because I see so much potential in you.

Rember that giving of oneself is the the key to joy in this life. We can search back and forth for the next great thrill, but nothing will bring us lasting joy except giving our whole selves to helping other people.

Love,

Dad

0 comments:

Post a Comment